Friday, September 6, 2019

2019 CFB 12 Day Guesses: Coming Soon

I received an email earlier this week noting that there had not been a post on this blog since June 1st asking if there would continue to be posts here.

The answer is yes.  Nothing wrong with me if you follow my Twitter account as I'm pretty active there.  The summer was a relatively quiet period.

  • The Mountain West rights for the upcoming years are, I assume, being buttoned up by whichever rightsholder(s) they've intended to partner with.   
  • I don't have any reason to question BYU and ESPN remaining partnered.  
  • The ACC Network has started, though there's two notable providers not on board, Xfinity & AT&T U-Verse, and I don't get the feeling that the latter of those two is being actively maintained.  Yours truly switched off of U-Verse to Spectrum for several reasons, cost of service and the service itself being the primary reasons.  
  • Sinclair also purchased the FOX branded RSNs plus YES Network, and successfully closed those purchases a couple weeks back.  At some point most of those will be rebranded with the FOX name being dropped of the network name.  My money at this point is the beginning of 2020, maybe once MLB season starts.
  • BTN fully moved into the FOX Sports app, with the BTN2Go app disappearing & being rebranded solely for the BTN+ OTT product.
Wanted to briefly cover the college football 12 day pick guesses for TV.  The first of those will appear on Sunday and each Sunday through late November.  Please understand that I won't be guesses game times & TV outlets beyond that, such as asking about a mid-November game in late September.  You do have some tools at your disposal:

1) The website where I track the games, MattSarzSports.com
2) A Google Sheets document where I track open TV windows based on what the networks have already listed on media websites or other materials received.  You can also find this on each week's page at the top at the Available TV Windows link.

On Mondays, I'll do my best to track the announcements and open TV windows on another post.  Each conference and/or school releases kickoff information at their own leisure, so there isn't a specific time to start checking & wonder why its "late".  Most weeks, this information doesn't start to show up until after 11am Eastern.

I may try to write up something on the Big East & Big Ten men's basketball TV schedule releases tonight or early tomorrow morning.  Thanks for stopping by.  Take care.

No comments: