Because of the sheer number of important games, we're going with quick hitters.
Weeknight (games without a day are on Friday)
- Temple-Miami (OH) (7pm Tuesday, ESPN2). If the Redhawks win, they force Ohio to win vs. Kent St. (11am, ESPNU).
- Texas A&M at Texas (8pm Thursday, ESPN). A win gives Texas A&m slim hopes for a share of the Big 12 South. Texas needs a win to be bowl eligibile. Big drop for last year's championship game runner-up.
- Louisville at Rutgers (11am ESPN2). Winner stays alive & for Louisville, they will go bowling.
- West Virginia at Pittsburgh (12pm ABC). If Pitt wins, the continue to control destiny into final weekend for Big East title.
- SMU at East Carolina (2pm, CBS College). If SMU wins, they win C-USA West. Otherwise Southern Miss at Tulsa will determine it (6:30pm, CBS College).
- Auburn at Alabama (2:30pm, CBS) could be Auburn's biggest remaining test compared to the SEC championship vs. South Carolina.
- Colorado at Nebraska (3:30pm, ABC) ends its run as both teams move on to new conferences. CU can finish with bowl eligibility and a 3-0 mark under interim coach Brian Cabral. Nebraska can clinch the Big 12 North.
- UCLA at Arizona St. (3:30pm, FSN) has meaning only for UCLA as they need to win out to finish bowl eligible.
- Arizona at Oregon (7pm, ESPN). Oregon can clinch the Pac-10 title with a win. Also gives Oregon a slight strength of schedule boost with a win.
- Boise St. at Nevada (10:15pm, ESPN). Last major test for both teams. Both teams control their own destiny for WAC title, but Boise St. has BCS dreams.
- The Big Ten title will be decided through Michigan at Ohio St. (12pm, ABC), Michigan St. at Penn St. (12pm, ESPN2) and Northwestern at Wisconsin (3:30pm, ABC/ESPN). Too many scenarios to go over, but remember that if Wisconsin, Ohio St. and Michigan St. all win, the BCS rankings will be involved for sending a team to the Rose Bowl.
- The ACC Atlantic is also at stake based on the result of NC State's visit to Maryland (3:30pm, ESPN2). NC State controls its own destiny. Win and in. Otherwise, it belongs to Florida St.
- Last big game is Bedlam between Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. (8pm, ABC). Depending on the result of the Texas-Texas A&M game on Thursday, this could be a winner takes all game. The simplest path for any team is for Oklahoma St. Win and in.
The remainder of the games that matter and why:
- UCF at Memphis (12pm, CSS) - UCF can win C-USA East outright and host the C-USA title game.
- Cincinnati at Connecticut (12pm, Big East) - Connecticut can keep pace if Pittsburgh stumbles in the Big East race. Cincy must win to have a chance to be bowl eligible.
- Kansas vs. Missouri (12:30pm, FSN) - If Nebraska loses, Missouri can win and win the Big 12.
- LSU at Arkansas (3:30pm, CBS) - A win positions LSU as the top at-large team from an AQ conference.
- BYU at Utah (3:30pm, The mtn./CBS College) - Matters not towards the BCS or MWC standings. Matters as the last MWC game for both teams as they move on.
- TCU at New Mexico (4pm, Versus) - Frogs have the MWC title, but can win it outright. Become the leader in the clubhouse for the BCS title game.
Games deciding bowl eligibility
- Kentucky at Tennessee (12pm, SEC Network) - Tennesse wins and can be bowl eligible
- Washington at California (3:30pm, CSN California/FSN Northwest) - Cal's final game determines their bowl eligibility. If UW wins, they must also win the Apple Cup next week.
- Arkansas St. at FIU - FIU can become eligible and clinch a share of the Sun Belt title
- Georgia Tech at Georgia - Georgia must win to be bowl eligible