Currently Available TV Windows
* ESPN moved ABC's 12pm window from 11/1 over to 11/15, making a tripleheader.
* Reverse mirrors are possible, but not guaranteed, for all ABC timeslots. Note the 8pm ESPN2 option.
* FOX has a doubleheader at 3:30pm & 7:30pm
* Ohio St.'s game vs. either Minnesota or Indiana must air on BTN to fulfill a requirement that every Big Ten school appear at least once on BTN as part of a conference game.
* I could see a 12 day pick for all of FOX's selections for a few reasons:
- There are no standout games from the Pac-12 or Big 12
- Marshall, at 8-0, may be worth showing on FS1, but they have a game at Southern Miss. Not sure I'd select a game just yet.
- Flexibility exists with the C-USA choice of North Texas at UTEP. Can fit in all available telecast windows. 10pm ET start = 8pm local start in El Paso. From what you see below, I would much rather reward Marshall with a FS1 appearance, but timeslots really make it tough.
- I could also see FOX pulling its FSN 2pm window, if it can move its NASCAR commitments (Nextel Cup practice & Nationwide qualifying) from FOX Sports 1 to FOX Sports 2. They did this to create an extra FS1 window on 11/1, removing FSN's 3:30pm window (WKU-La Tech was originally at 12pm, then slid to 3pm). They have UFC commitments at 7pm ET. Moving that is probably not an option.
* With only one Pac-12 Networks game at 4pm, I do believe that either ABC or FOX would air a Pac-12 game in primetime. Washington at Arizona seems like the best available choice based on combined record at the moment.
* Another place you might see a six day hold is the top end of the Big Ten selections. Ohio St. at Minnesota & Nebraska at Wisconsin are virtually interchangeable games, at least by records.
* BYU's TV contract requires at least one game a year on ESPNU and this is the last available game to fill that requirement.
* I messed up in an earlier article. Boise St. has already had three home games on ABC, ESPN or ESPN2. Their remaining games can be slotted on any ESPN platform.
* After slotting the Mountain West & BYU games, I did not see a need for the 12pm ESPNEWS window. A case could be made to show Texas St. at South Alabama, who both have winning records overall & in the Sun Belt.
8pm ESPN2: Toledo at Northern Illinois
8pm ESPNU: Akron at Buffalo
8pm ESPN2: Bowling Green at Kent St.
8pm ESPNU: Ball St. at Massachusetts
12pm ABC: Nebraska at Wisconsin
12pm ESPN: Oklahoma at Texas Tech
12pm ESPN2: Iowa at Illinois
12pm ESPNU: Virginia Tech at Duke
12pm SECNet: South Carolina at Florida
12pm BTN: Temple at Penn St.
12:30pm ACC Net: Wake Forest at NC State
2pm FSN: Rice at Marshall
3pm FS1: Texas at Oklahoma St.
3pm ACC RSNs: Pittsburgh at North Carolina
3:30pm CBS: Mississippi St. at Alabama
3:30pm FOX: TCU at Kansas
3:30pm ABC/ESPN: Ohio St. at Minnesota
3:30pm ABC/ESPN: Clemson at Georgia Tech
3:30pm ESPNU: Memphis at Tulane
3:30pm BTN: Indiana at Rutgers
4pm ESPNEWS: New Mexico at Utah St.
4pm SECNet: Kentucky at Tennessee
4pm Pac-12: Arizona St. at Oregon St.
7pm ESPN: Auburn at Georgia
7pm ESPNU: San Diego St. at Boise St.
7:30pm FOX: Washington at Arizona
7:30pm SECNet: LSU at Arkansas
8pm ABC: Florida St. at Miami (FL)
8pm ESPN2: Missouri at Texas A&M
8pm CBSSN: USF at SMU
10pm FS1: North Texas at UTEP
10:15pm ESPNU: UNLV at BYU (moved up from 10:30pm)
10:30pm ESPN: Utah at Stanford