Through Week 9
* ESPN & FOX Sports share rights and first pick on the Big 12, Big Ten and Pac-12. Based on the games selected and known selection orders, often provided from media member posts, here is what I believe were the 1st choice networks for each conference through the 10/19 selections by week number.
Please know that networks have admitted that weeknight games are selected/drafted separately and are not part of top choice selection for a given week.
- Big 12
- ESPN: 1, 2, 4, 6, 9
- Selections used, including future games: 15 (max of 23)
- FOX Sports: 3, 5, 7, 8
- Five games confirmed for FOX broadcast network (min of 6)
- Games on ABC, FOX, ESPN and FS1 (includes future games): 26 (min of 25)
- Excluding UNI-Iowa St., which was to be Iowa St.'s member retained game
- Big Ten
- ESPN: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Selections used, including future games: 20 (max of 27)
- FOX Sports: 1, 2, 3, 4
- Selections used, including future games: 17 (range of 24-27)
- ESPN: 1, 2, 4, 8, 9
- Games on ABC: 1 (min of 2, must have one more in primetime)
- Selections used, including future games: 15 (max of 22)
- FOX Sports: 3, 5, 6, 7
- Games on FOX: 5 (min of 8, must have two more in primetime)
- Selections used: 14 (max of 22)
Things to know in advance
* CBS selected Florida vs. Georgia in advance, so they will not be involved in SEC selections.
* The following games have had their start times set in advance without a TV assignment:
- Michigan at Maryland, 12pm
* The following games have had their network groups selected in advance:
- New Mexico at Nevada (all ESPN platforms except ESPN+)
- BYU at Utah St. (all ESPN platforms except ESPN+)
* The Pac-12 selection order is the following. Note that Jon's times are Pacific:
* No FS1 game at 12pm. They are carrying Bundesliga matches until 3:30pm.Pac-12 KO windows for 11/2 (PT)— Jon Wilner (@wilnerhotline) October 18, 2019
1) Fox 1 pm
2) Fox 5 pm
3) P12Nets: 1:30 pm
4) P12Nets: 6 pm
Decisions I made
* I gave FOX the top Big Ten selection and ESPN the top Big 12 selection.
* I think there's a real chance SMU at Memphis ends up as the primetime ABC game. If it ends up being Miami-FSU, put SMU-Memphis at 3:30pm and NC State-Wake Forest at 12pm. I don't think they would attempt to slot Miami-FSU at the same time as Georgia-Florida.
* I gave NC State at Wake Forest the nod ahead of TCU at Oklahoma St. Could also see Cincinnati at East Carolina end up on ABC given the Bearcats currently ranked status.
* BTN's website didn't have a 12pm game. Just a TBA programming window. I'm going with only a single window at 3:30pm ET.
* It's a really uninspiring slate of selectable games. Not sure that I would end up wasting any six day holds on this date.
12pm ABC: Miami (FL) at Florida St.
12pm FOX: Michigan at Maryland
12pm ESPN: Nebraska at Purdue
12pm ESPN2: UTSA at Texas A&M
12pm ESPNU: Houston at UCF
12pm SEC: Vanderbilt at South Carolina
12pm CBSSN: Northern Illinois at Central Michigan
12pm ACCN: Pittsburgh at Georgia Tech
12:30pm ACC RSNs: Boston College at Syracuse
3:30pm ABC: NC State at Wake Forest
3:30pm ESPN: TCU at Oklahoma St.
3:30pm ESPN2: Cincinnati at East Carolina
3:30pm FS1: Northwestern at Indiana
3:30pm ESPNU: New Mexico at Nevada
3:30pm BTN: Rutgers at Illinois
4pm FOX: Utah at Washington
4pm SEC: UAB at Tennessee
4pm ACCN: Wofford at Clemson
4:30pm Pac-12: Colorado at UCLA
7pm ESPN: Ole Miss at Auburn
7pm FS1: Kansas St. at Kansas
7pm ESPNU: Texas St. at UL-Lafayette
7pm CBSSN: Tulsa at Tulane
7:30pm ABC: SMU at Memphis
7:30pm SEC: Mississippi St. at Arkansas
7:30pm ACCN: Virginia at North Carolina
8pm FOX: Oregon at USC
9pm Pac-12: Oregon St. at Arizona
10:15pm ESPN2: BYU at Utah St.