Sunday, September 27, 2020

CFB TV Guesses for 2020 Week 6 (10/10/20)

Here are the games already set for television and/or webcast. Here are the known available telecast windows. Please understand that my site has been intermittently unavailable.  I've tried working with the hosting company but they don't see a problem, so I may need to find a new host when I have time.

I have done my best to list what TV windows are out there. Every listing service has a little different schedule for these networks. 

12pm ABC: Texas Tech at Iowa State
12pm ESPN: Arkansas at Auburn
12pm ESPN2: Texas State at Troy
12pm ESPNU: ULM at Liberty
12pm SECN: Mississippi State at Kentucky
12pm ACCN: Pitt at Boston College
12:30pm ACC RSN: Duke at Syracuse
3:30pm ABC: UTSA at BYU
3:30pm CBS: Tennessee at Georgia
3:30pm ESPN2: UTEP at Louisiana Tech
3:30pm ESPNU: Charlotte at North Texas
4pm FOX: Kansas State at TCU
4pm SECN: South Carolina at Vanderbilt
4pm ACCN: NC State at Virginia
6pm ESPN: Alabama at Ole Miss
7pm ESPN2: ECU at USF
7pm ESPNU: Middle Tennessee at FIU
7:30pm ABC: Miami (FL) at Clemson
7:30pm SECN: Missouri at LSU
7:30pm ACCN: Virginia Tech at North Carolina
9pm ESPN: Florida at Texas A&M

ESPN3 or ESPN+
Central Arkansas at Arkansas State

5 comments:

Mark Falzone said...

I'm curious: what are the factors that go into your guesses?

Take the ACC for example. Miami at Clemson in ABC primetime makes sense as the marquee game of the week.

I'm assuming you see Va Tech at UNC as the 2nd best game, hence primetime ACCN.

Where I start to get curious are the next two games: you have Pitt at BC at Noon on ACCN, and NC State at UVA at 4pm on ACCN. How do you decide which one to slot in which timeslot? Is the 4pm considered the better timeslot?

Duke at Syracuse makes sense to me as the worst game in the slate, and therefore relegated to RSN.

I realize it is more complicated than the above because Disney has many networks and many conferences.

Matt Sarzyniak said...

Mark, I'm not really thinking that deeply about it. If there was only a 3 hour 30 minute gap between mid afternoon and evening,I likely would have swapped mid afternoon & noon games. Having Virginia & VT and UNC & NCST in consecutive games might risk fans being ticked at overruns.

Mark Falzone said...

Got it. So then then because there is that 4 hour spread, putting NC State at 4pm works to not be against Duke at 12:30?

Matt Sarzyniak said...

Duke & NC State being on different channels is no problem.

bigddan11 said...

Both Arkansas State and Central Arkansas list that game will remain on ESPN+.