Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Admin Item

Hi.  Hope you and your family are safe and healthy.

This season's challenge to keep up with the hourly, and it is hourly, changes to the D1 men's college basketball TV and streaming schedule has been a grind.  Trying to maintain a schedule in Google Sheets so I don't get to far ahead in the number of database rows in use, along with mostly using RSS to track schedule changes as schools would release them, is never ending and also has a self-defeating feeling when you miss a series being added. Or miss a series being added and then the release comes that its been cancelled anyways and you look through a team's releases to find that they never issued anything in the first place that its been added.

The TV schedule changes that are on the fly are tough to keep up with and I do truly appreciate those of you who have sent things over via email or social media.

The other part of this is that I've taken on a new role within my employer this week, and my responsibilities have went up in magnitude by 2x-3x as it is a new area of the company with duties in both tech and day-to-day business decisions.  I'd expect me to be on social media a lot less during the day and updates to the site will probably start once I've logged off from work or when I've ended up doing them lately at 4:30am ET because its when I wake up no matter when I nod off.

I have no clue what the plan is for tracking weekly start times in the FBS conferences later this year or that one big afternoon of early season TV releases, though that afternoon release often was just me tweeting them out without reading them (fun fact: this happens a lot).  

I would ask that you do let me catch up on TV network designations and tip times.  If something has been out there for a few days, or its a change for a game tonight or tomorrow, then send it over.  I suppose that I'm asking for your help in being a little less on-demand for changes, etc.

Take care.

6 comments:

Jim J said...

Thank you for all the hard work you put in for us college sport fans.

Jim J said...

thanks for all the work you do for all us college sport fans

Unknown said...

Appreciate everything you do. Congrats on the new responsibility.

Hokie Mark said...

Ditto - appreciate all you do, Matt. TBH, I'm not even trying to keep up with the basketball schedule - it might as well be written in the air!

Mark P said...

Congratulations, Matt. I can't express how much I appreciate you efforts and enjoy reading your thoughts on college football broadcast schedules.

gcotton said...

Congrats Matt on the new gig. And as all the others have stated, "Thank You" doesn't even seem like enough gratitude to give for all the work and time you put into something we all just glance at once or twice a day. Stay safe yourself and don't let this side job get in the way of the bigger picture of life. We will all have your back and help in any way we can. Best of luck in the new adventure!