Through Week 12
* ESPN & FOX Sports share rights and first pick on the Big 12, Big Ten and Pac-12. Based on the games selected and known selection orders, often provided from media member posts, here is what I believe were the 1st choice networks for each conference through the 10/19 selections by week number.
Please know that networks have admitted that weeknight games are selected/drafted separately and are not part of top choice selection for a given week.
- Big 12
- ESPN: 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 10, 12
- Selections used, including future games: 21 (max of 23)
- FOX Sports: 3, 5, 7, 8, 11
- Seven games confirmed for FOX broadcast network (min of 6)
- Games on ABC, FOX, ESPN and FS1 (includes future games): 36 (min of 25)
- Excluding UNI-Iowa St., which was to be Iowa St.'s member retained game
- Big Ten
- ESPN: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
- Selections used, including future games: 23 (max of 27)
- FOX Sports: 1, 2, 3, 4, 12
- Selections used, including future games: 25 (range of 24-27)
- BTN requirements of two games with one being a intraconference game filled currently by all schools except Iowa and Penn St.
- ESPN: 1, 4, 8, 9, 11, 12
- Games on ABC: 3 (min of 2 with one in primetime)
- Conference office says that neutral site games like Oregon vs. Auburn are allowed to count as an ESPN selection.
- Selections used, including future games: 18 (max of 22)
- FOX Sports: 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10
- Games on FOX: 9 (min of 8 with 4 in primetime)
- Selections used: 19 (max of 22)
- Pac-12 Networks caps the number of conference controlled games that can air on ESPN & FOX Sports combined at nine games. The following schools need at least one more appearance
- Oregon: 12 conference controlled games, two Pac-12 Networks appearances. Needs one more.
USC: 11 conference controlled games, one Pac-12 Networks appearanceUSC has 10 conference controlled games. One appearance is all they needed on Pac-12 Networks.
* The following games have had their network or network family set without a start time
- Louisiana Tech at UAB (ESPN+)
- Nevada at Frenso St. (All ESPN platforms except ESPN+)
* Several games from the SEC, plus Penn St. at Ohio St. and Harvard at Yale, had their start times and network or network choices set in advance. Please take a look at the link at the top of this post to catch those games.
* Pac-12 selection order:Decisions I made
#Pac12 KO windows for 11/23— Jon Wilner (@wilnerhotline) November 8, 2019
1. ESPN 430
2. Fox 730
3. ESPN 1230
4. ESPN 730
5. P12Net 1
6. P12Net 6
- likely 6-day selection
- ESPN could shuffle times
* I gave the Big 12 top selection to FOX. Big Ten went with FOX choosing Penn St. at Ohio St., so I gave ESPN the next best choice.
* As lopsided a matchup as it could be, I did consider swapping Arkansas at LSU & Texas A&M at Georgia. I suppose it was to try to get LSU right after their win over Alabama.
* I sent Illinois at Iowa to BTN because Iowa needs a 2nd game scheduled for BTN.
* There's a FSN window that was scheduled for several RSNs. I can't really ignore it. So if you're saying "Hey, no Big 12 games on ESPN?", that's how these shook out. I could have dumped the FSN window. If I were to have done that, give ESPN the 3rd Big 12 choice & make these changes:
- 7pm ESPN2: Oklahoma St. at West Virginia
- 7pm FS1: Kansas St. at Texas Tech
- 12pm FS1: Kansas at Iowa St.
- 4pm ACCN: Pittsburgh at Virginia Tech
- 3:30pm ACC RSNs: Liberty at Virginia
- TBA ACCNX: Mercer at North Carolina
7:30pm ESPN2: Ohio at Bowling Green
7:30pm ESPNU: Eastern Michigan at Northern Illinois
7:30pm ESPN2: Toledo at Buffalo
7:30pm ESPNU: Akron at Miami (OH)
12pm ABC: Purdue at Wisconsin
12pm ESPN: Nebraska at Maryland
12pm ESPN2: Western Carolina at Alabama
12pm FS1: Kansas St. at Texas Tech
12pm SEC: Samford at Auburn
12pm FSN: Kansas at Iowa St.
12pm ACC RSNs: Syracuse at Louisville
12pm BTN: Michigan St. at Rutgers
12pm CBSSN: Houston at Tulsa
3:30pm ABC: Michigan at Indiana
3:30pm CBS: Texas A&M at Georgia
3:30pm ESPN: Utah at Arizona
3:30pm ESPN2: Temple at Cincinnati
3:30pm FS1: Minnesota at Northwestern
3:30pm ESPNU: UCF at Tulane
3:30pm SEC: UT Martin at Kentucky
3:30pm SEC Alt: East Tennessee St. at Vanderbilt
3:30pm BTN: Illinois at Iowa
3:30pm ACC RSNs: Mercer at North Carolina
4pm FOX: Texas at Baylor
4pm ACC: Liberty at Virginia
4pm Pac-12: Washington at Colorado
7pm ESPN: Arkansas at LSU7pm ESPN2: Pittsburgh at Virginia Tech
7pm FS1: Oklahoma St. at West Virginia
7pm ESPNU: Memphis at USF
7:30pm ABC: Oregon at Arizona St.
7:30pm SEC: Tennessee at Missouri
7:30pm ACC: Duke at Wake Forest
8pm FOX: TCU at Oklahoma
9pm Pac-12: Oregon St. at Washington St.
10:30pm ESPN2: Nevada at Fresno St.
10:30pm ESPN: California at Stanford
10:30pm FS1: UCLA at USC